I am currently sitting outside an X-ray room door listening to my daughter scream her head off while she gets a bone scan. They would not let me stay in the room which is probably good because I would have grabbed her off the table and run out with her. Following the bone scan she is getting an MRI of her brain. The geneticist ordered these because of her CDH, VSD and Hemivertebrae to be sure there were no other anomalies.
They originally had the MRI scheduled for Friday morning and if needed would give her sedation, keeping her from eating 4 hours prior. I expressed my concerns about withholding eating and sedating her during the 24 hour period that we are doing all breastfeeding and planning on a weight gain and subsequent release. They decided to do the MRI today instead as a result.
I will let everyone know when we get some results.
The plan is for me to begin our first 24 hour period tomorrow morning, stay with her in the transition room tomorrow night and Saturday night and go home on Sunday. I'll keep you all posted. I am about to lose my computer battery so more later....
Check up DAY!
3 weeks ago