untitled

Monday, February 4, 2008

Day 18: A Quiet Day

Today was a quiet day for Liviana. She sleeps, she looks around, she chews on her handss, she sleeps, looks around, chews on her hands....you get the picture. She is just so darn cute I can hardly stand it. I think she is going to look like a little female Miles.

She remained on room air and she has been turned down to 1.5 liters from 2 liters. The only time she de-sats is when she is sleeping, which is common. Her de-sats are not bad though, she will drop down to 87% or so and then come back up on her own.

Her feeds are increasing and she tolerating them fine. She had a couple of spit ups but nothing that is abnormal for most newborns, especially ones that are laying down most of the time.

I worked with her on nursing again. She did great today. The second time I nursed her she got a little milk (which is not really the objective at this point) and she got mad when she did not get anymore. I suspect in the next couple of days they will begin having me nurse her for nutrition. I think that will make her very happy.

She is a little cuddler and by far my best sleeper so far :).

I will borrow from Tricia, Cadenne's mom and solicit some help with babysitting. I realize that very few people who read our blog are actually in our area so who knows how it will go. We are in serious need of some more babysitting assistance. We have a sitter but she is not available all the time, as she has another job and a life of her own. Tomorrow, we don't have a sitter at all and I must be at the hosptial for several hours a day to work with Liviana on her nursing and also just be there as momma. The time at the hopsital is just as much for me, as it is for Liviana. I begin to feel physically ill at the thought of not being able to see her and help her along with her nursing. If you are in our area and are available or know a great babysitter please let me know. This is one of the difficulties of moving to a city without family and friends.

I think that is all for now. I added the picture of Liviana to the top of the page because I love seeing her little face right when the page appears. She would make you smile even bigger in person.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, I will see what I can fit in my schedule to help you out with babysitting and will ask my daughter as well. I'll email you on your regular email Samantha's babysitter, which is quite close to you and she is AWESOME!!!!

Linda B

kmm0305 said...

Amy, I can't remember what part of town you are in but I have a name of someone who is in Bellevue who may be able to do some part time care in her home (she used to do in-home preschool and now does babysitting part time). Just let me know if you would like her contact info.

Kristyn

Anonymous said...

I sent out the email today asking for assistance from the moms I know for babysitting, play groups, ect... I'll let you know when I hear anything back. I'm SO glad you have been able to do some nursing. I'll call or stop up tomorrow!